Monday, March 13, 2006

Photographers speak...

The mystery isn't in the technique, it's in each of us. Harry Callahan

Keep it simple. Alfred Eisenstaedt

When I have a camera in my hand, I know no fear. Alfred Eisenstaedt

It is more important to click with people than to click the shutter. Alfred Eisenstaedt

Stare. It is the way to educate your eye, and more. Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long. Walker Evans

There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment. Robert Frank

A picture is the expression of an impression. If the beautiful were not in us, how would we ever recognize it? Ernst Haas

If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. Lewis Hine

I wanted to show the thing that had to be corrected: I wanted to show the things that had to be appreciated. Lewis Hine

Photography can light up darkness and expose ignorance Lewis Hine

Everybody can look, but they don't necessarily see. Andre Kertesz

The camera is my tool. Through it I give a reason to everything around me. Andre Kertesz

I just walk around, observing the subject from various angles until the picture elements arrange themselves into a composition that pleases my eye.
Andre Kertesz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home